IAS this weekend

The place for any announcements regarding astro related events, be it star parties or observatory open days.

IAS this weekend

Postby jjb2011 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Been along to IAS at Stoneleigh Park both Friday and Saturday this week. A really good expo, and the lectures have been informative and entertaining. Today we had, among other good speakers, Damien Peach. He dealt with the issues and solutions to getting good, high resolution planetary images. The solution is......go to Barbados where the planets are overhead and the seeing is good !

No, only joking (a little), he is planning on observing the Mars opposition next year from the UK ! This expo has a great location, acres of space for the exhibition of equipment, good food and plenty of space. I was surprised by the wonderful condition of Patrick's Ford Prefect - I remember that my Dad had one of these in green.

JJB

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

jjb2011
Black Dwarf

Return to ASTRO EVENTS